The Foundation for Law and International Affairs Review
The FLIA Review seeks to create a new, transnational model for the production and dissemination of scholarship at the intersection of law and international affairs.
About FLIA Review
"The Foundation for Law and International Affairs Review (FLIA Review)" (ISSN: 2576-6619) is a journal published quarterly by the Foundation for Law and International Affairs.
The purpose of this quarterly journal is to provide members of the legal profession and the public generally with peer-reviewed articles, essays, and book reviews by individual authors or co-authors and reports and surveys by FLIA research teams and FLIA Scholars at the intersection of law and international affairs. It seeks to create a new, transnational model for the production and dissemination of scholarship at the intersection of law and international affairs.
Submission of Articles
The latest dates for the submission of articles for publication are September 1 for the Winter issue, December 1 for the Spring issue, Mach 1 for the Summer issue, and June 1 for the Fall issue.
FLIA Review will accept submissions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “FLIA Review Submission”.
Prospective authors should submit:
1. a manuscript (in accord with the specifications below);
2. resume; and
3. separate cover sheet which includes a brief abstract and contact information (name, telephone number, e-mail address and mailing address).
Manuscripts should follow the specifications below:
1. Microsoft Word or Word-compatible software program.
3. There is no page limit for submissions for publication. However, please consider that a majority of articles published by FLIA Review range from 7,000 to 12,000 words.
4. The working language of the FLIA Review is English. But articles that are written in other languages are welcome too.
6. Text and citations should conform to The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20th ed. 2015) or the style convention commonly used in the discipline. (Click here to download the instruction)
Authors will receive acknowledgment of their submissions by email from FLIA Review's Editor-in-Chief or Managing Editor of Articles. For unsolicited manuscripts, FLIA Review will conduct an initial review to assess the article's relevance for its readership. Manuscripts that pass the initial review are forwarded to two (anonymous) peer reviewers. Authors may expect to receive the results of the peer review from the managing editor within 60 days following the initial review.
If you would like to request an expedited review of your article, please send an email request with your name, your article title, your deadline, and your contact information to email@example.com. The journal will attempt to review each request, but cannot guarantee review in the time provided.
The Foundation for Law and International Affairs Review is an open-access journal with no subscription fee and can be accessed via https://flia.org/flia-review/. In the meantime, the journal is available in full-text in HeinOnline and VLEX|JUSTIS. Hard copies of single individual issues are available for $20 per copy. To request a hard copy, please send an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org. A shipping fee may apply.
Translation, Polishing, and Proof-reading Services
Scholars who are not native speakers of English are required to submit proof of language polishing or editing service once the manuscript is accepted for publication. FLIA also provide such services, including translation, polishing, and proofreading at a competitive price. We would also recommend Wells.