The Foundation for Law and International Affairs (FLIA) is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization mandated to promote academic and public discourse at the intersection of law and international affairs. The core vision of FLIA is to promote international cooperation and public dialogue through the development of new ideas and collaboration with various academic, governmental and civil actors.
Our mission is to facilitate international scholarly activities, conduct high quality, independent research and policy analysis, engage in public education and awareness-building programs, as well as amplify the voice of the rising generation.
Every FLIA member is an expert in law and international affairs; Every FLIA member is an ambassador for global awareness and collaboration; Every FLIA member is an architect of an informed and peaceful world.
FLIA is set up in the U.S. and enjoys partnership with renowned colleges, law firms, non-government organizations, and enterprises from all over the world. Our team is spread through the U.S., China, the U.K., Italy, Turkey, Brazil, South Korea and various other regions.
Strive For The Summit We All Dream OF
Today is FLIA’s two-year anniversary. As the Founder and President, I felt I should write up something about the past two years FLIA has made it through. As a young professional from China studying in the United States, FLIA’s story is part of my story. I hope this story will be something you can relate to.
To climb a higher mountain and get to a higher summit, you have to get down from the one you are on. Sometimes, it even means you must give up what you already have and leave the beautiful scenery you can see behind your back.
Before I came to the US, I had the perfect scenery... Read more
Current Research Projects
FLIA initiates academic research projects on various important topics involving law and international affairs. We organize global research teams to work on issues that present global challenges and require comparative study or global collaboration. Our current reserach projects includes: One Belt One Road; Law and Social Credit Sytem, Refugee Policy in China, and Social Organization and Local Judiciary.
Find out more about the current research projects.
To find out the previous FLIA Insight research projects, please go to the FLIA Insight page.
On behalf of the Conference Committee, FLIA is pleased to invite international scholars and experts on social credit, to present their perspective on this timely and important topic: law and social credit system in China. The topics of the conference will include one or more of the following:
- The legal structure and content of the social credit system, its drafting history, and its provisions;
- The theoretical and conceptual issues of the social credit system and how it fits with the basic line;
- The technical issues of the social credit system, including the collection and application of data, the rating system, etc.;
- The Institutional issues of the social credit system and the roles of government and other stakeholders, and the protection of personal information;
- The social credit system in a global context and as a current trend in China;
- The implementation of regulations on the social credit system and how it fits within the rules system in Shanghai;